Maybe you just bought your first smoker and you’re looking for the perfect dish for that maiden voyage. Or maybe you’re a seasoned pitmaster looking for some inspiration. Either way, we’ve put together 101 of our favorite smoker recipes, from smoked brisket to smoked pork butts, we even have some great side dishes and smoked desserts that made our list!
Beef Smoker Recipes – Steaks, Brisket, Roasts & Ribs
We love smoked tri-tip here at BBQonMain.com. It’s a great, cheap cut of meat that is delicious when done right. Vindulge has a great smoked tri-tip recipe that we love, and they include red wine pairings to go along with it!
Aaron Franklin might be America’s most famous pitmaster. His restaurant is known for their brisket, and his brisket recipe and rub are suprisingly simple. This is our favorite way to cook a brisket – Texas-style and wrapped in butcher paper.
Malcom Reed is part of the Killer Hogs competitive BBQ team, and he makes a mean rack of ribs. We love this “Dino Bones” recipe. These big, meaty beef ribs look like they were broken off of a triceratops and thrown on a smoker. And for how impressive these ribs look, they’re surprisingly easy to make – perfect for the beginner pitmaster or the old pro looking for something new to try.
More Smoked Beef Recipes:
- BBQ Smoked Beef Chuck by Serious Eats
- Smoked Beef Jerky by smokegrillbbq.com
- Smoked Burnt Ends by smokegrillbbq.com
- Smoked Roast Beef by Tailgate Master
- Smoked Pulled Beef by Hey Grill, Hey
- Malcom Reed’s Smoked Chuck for Pulled Beef Sandwiches
- Smoked beef rump roast by Lake Geneva Country Meats
- Slow-smoked porterhouse steaks by Serious Eats
- Smoked T-Bone steaks by Traeger Grills
- Jeff Phillips’ Reverse sear smoked ribeye
- Pellet smoked tri-tip by Green Mountain Grills
- Smoked sirloin roast by The Black Peppercorn
- Memphis-style Hickory-smoked bbq beef ribs by The Neelys
- Smoked beef ribs by Bon Appetit
- Texas-style smoked brisket by Epicurious
- Kansas City Smoked Brisket by KC Steaks
- Smoked beef pastrami by Extraordinary BBQ
- Sous-vide smoked brisket by Sous Vide Techniques
- Smoked standing rib roast
- Southern Texas beef barbacoa
- Smoked hamburgers
- Texas Brisket by Big Green Egg
- Dove chocolate brisket by Ken & Patti from Date Night Doins
Smoked Chicken Recipes – Whole Birds, Breasts, Legs & Wings
Few things are as impressive as a spatchcock chicken, and they’re surprisingly easy to make. We love Traeger’s Spatchcock Chile-Lime Rubbed Chicken recipe and we can’t recommend it enough.
Buffalo wings are a BBQ favorite. We love these Smoked Buffalo Chicken Wings by Vindulge, they’re the perfect amount of spicy and have a great crispy skin. They even recommend some rieslings that pair well with the smoked wings!
Other Chicken Smoker Recipes
- Smoked BBQ pulled chicken by Dad With A Pan
- Hot Smoked Chicken Legs
- Smoked Garlic Herb Chicken by Charbroil
- BBQ Bill’s citrus smoked chicken
- Smoked chicken hot wings
- Cajun smoked chicken by Every Day Maven
- Beer brined smoked chicken by Jeff Phillips
- Smoked beer can chicken by This Mama Cooks
- Bourbon smoked chicken
- Applewood smoked spatchcock chicken by Holy City Handcraft
- Carribean smoked jerk chicken by Capturing Minnesota
- Bacon-wrapped smoked chicken breast by Fox Valley Foodie
- Smokey pulled BBQ chicken by Serious Eats
- Brine Smoked Chicken by smokegrillbbq.com
- Lemon brined smoked chicken
- Tuscan rosemary smoked whole chicken by Bobby Flay
Smoked Pork Recipes – Butts, Shoulders, Loins & Ribs
Steven Raichlen of Steven Raichlen’s Barbecue Bible has a fantastic three part series on pork shoulders, wherein you can learn all you need to know about this delectable hunk of hog. ‘In Praise of Pork Shoulder’ covers everything from the anatomy and animal husbandry involved in selecting the perfect pork shoulder to the best seasoning, grilling techniques and gear for optimal deliciousness. It’s the most in-depth, step-by-step recipe you can find.
Other Pork Smoker Recipes
- Bob’s Pulled Pork on a Smoker
- What we’ve learned about pulled pork butt
- Slow-Smoked Pork Butt Method
- Perfectly Smoked Pork Shoulder
- Pork Belly Pastrami
- Apple Wood Smoked Pork Loin
- Alabama Pulled Pig
- How to Smoke Pork Tenderloin in a Smoker
- North Carolina Pulled Pork by Epicurious
- North Carolina Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Mustard Slaw by Barbecue Bible
- Step by Step Guide to Smoking Pork Ribs by The Spruce
- Sweet Smoked Pork Ribs
- Last Meal Ribs by Amazing Ribs
- Competition style smoked pork ribs by Vindulge
Smoked Fish Recipes – Salmon, Trout, and the Seafood Bonanza!
It’s hard to describe how delicious the Salmon Pastrami by Chef Steps. It’s smokey, with a beautiful bark, tender, and spicy on the inside. It’s literally like candy, packing a bold an flavorful punch in every bite. It takes a bit of prep, requiring a 24 hour brine, but it’s well worth it. It’s been a go-to for every party we’ve had and it’s always a hit!
Other Fish Smoker Recipes
- Salmon Candy by Barbecue Bible
- Bourbon Marinated Smoked Salmon
- Smoked Steelhead Trout
- Texas Smoked Flounder
- Smoked Trout and Egg by Serious Eats
- Smoked Seafood Bonanza
Other Smoked Meat Recipes – Lamb, Sausage, and Turkey, oh my!
There’s just something cool smoked beer can turkey from Serious Eats about a beer can bird. The is easy to prep, easy to smoke, and downright tasty. Smoked, crispy skin on the outside and juicy, succulent meat on the inside – you can’t go wrong.
- Smoked Bologna
- Smoked Lamb Barbacoa (perfect for tacos!)
- Smoked Polish Sausage Brats
- 6 Hour Smoked Turkey
- Honey Smoked Turkey
- Spice-Rubbed Butterflied Smoked Turkey
- Smoked Turkey Brine
Smoker Side Dishes – Potatoes, Slaw, Mac and Cheese & More!
Nothing pairs with BBQ quite like a tangy cole slaw. The bright, punchy mix of vegetables perfectly matches a rich, crusty, smokey cut of meat. We love this traditional Carolina vinegar slaw by Serious Eats. We’ve tried it with nearly every meat and so far it’s been the perfect partner to any dish!
Potatoes are a no brainer at any barbecue. Next time spice things up a bit and go for some Sweet Potato Crisps instead of your normal mashed potatoes. Oven baked and full of flavor, they’re a great twist on an old classic. And they can be made in the oven while your grill is smoking your main course!
Other BBQ Side Dish Recipes
- Smoked Jalapeno Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Alder Wood-smoked Acorn Squash Soup
- Smokey Grilled Vegetables
- Mesquite Smoked Ratatouille
- Smoked BBQ Beans
- Cold Smoked Charcuterie
- Billy’s Favorite Smoked Collard Greens
- Maple-glazed Sweet Potatoe with Bacon and Onions
- Food Lab’s Creamy Cole Slaw
- Lexington-style Red Slaw
- Mustard Slaw
- Tangy Apple Cole Slaw
- Jalapeno Cole Slaw
- Smokey Triple Mac and Cheese
- Big Daddy’s Grilled Blue Cheese and Bacon Potato Salad
- Candied Jalapenos
- Watermelon, Mâche, and Pecan Salad
- Fipps Family Potato Salad
- Green Barbecue Sauce
- Grilled Jalapeno Lime Corn on the Cob
Smoker Desserts – Finish with something sweet and smokey!
- Smoked Muscavado Vanilla Ice Cream
- Smoked Honey Mint Chip Ice Cream
- Apple Wood Smoked Apple Crumble
- Smoked Salted Caramels
Just the beginning…
These are our favorite recipes, the go-to staples that we turn to when it comes to smoking. Did we miss something? Don’t see your favorite recipe listed? Drop us a link to your favorite dish in the comments!